My work on contracts studies what drives pay differences between managers and workers, and whether additional information on worker performance helps firms write sharper contracts.
- Employee compensation in synergistic firms (Edmans, Goldstein, Zhu 2013)
- How improved information on performance affects incentives (Chaigneau, Edmans, Gottlieb JFE 2018)
- How performance signals should affect contracts (Chaigneau, Edmans, Gottlieb RFS 2022)
- Informativeness principle without first-order approach (Chaigneau, Edmans, Gottlieb GEB 2019)
- When debt is optimal, and when it’s optimal for debt to be performance sensitive (Chaigneau, Edmans, Gottlieb, 2021)