Professor of Finance
London Business School
London NW1 4SA
(020) 7000 8258
aedmans @ london . edu
Thank you for your interest in contacting me. I recognise that composing an email takes time and effort. Thus, I thought it would be helpful to outline cases in which you can save on this. I am always happy to receive relevant email and endeavour to respond diligently and promptly; to allow for this, I regret that I’m unable to respond to emails that are covered by the guidelines below.
- LBS Students
- Students not in my course may audit any of my classes without notifying me. Please go to Canvas for my class schedule.
- Students in my course can miss class without notifying me. You are trusted to catch up on the material in your own time.
- For course admin inquiries, please contact my assistant Janet Chater (email@example.com).
- Prospective LBS Students / Scholars: thank you for your interest in LBS
- If you are interested in a PhD, please go here for details of the PhD programme and the centralised application form. You cannot apply to individual faculty.
- If you are interested in a Masters programme, please go here. Faculty are not involved in the admissions process. Since I have not done a masters programme, I am not well-placed to answer questions about it. The above link gives you details of the Admissions Office who will be very happy to help.
- Unfortunately, LBS does not have a visiting scholars’ programme.
- Recruiters. Thank you for your interest in recruiting LBS students. Please contact the Careers Centre here.
- Research Assistants / Interns. I do not have any openings at the present time.
- Media, Blogs etc. Thank you for your interest in my work. You may link to any of my research papers, blogs, or media articles without asking my permission. You may repost any of my blogs in full without asking my permission, or any article from CityAM, Huffington Post, or World Economic Forum if you cite the original source. I’m afraid that you cannot repost any articles I have written for other newspapers (e.g. FT, WSJ) as they own the copyright, but you may link to them.
- Bloggers. I don’t feature guest posts on my blog.
- Company-Sponsored Research. I regret that, while I’m happy to give the occasional talk about my research to companies, I don’t have capacity to do new research projects in collaboration with companies.
- Researchers. Data on CEO incentives, investment bank mergers, and the Best Companies to Work For in America is available here.
- Publishers. I am not looking to write or edit any new books at the present time.
- Data Vendors. I’m currently all set with data for my research projects.
- Start-Ups. I don’t invest in start-ups unless I’ve known the entrepreneur for several years. I’m not an expert in entrepreneurship, so can’t base an investment decision on an assessment of the business model, only my knowledge of the person.
- Case Study Vendors. I teach a core course which includes only one case, and don’t have capacity to add additional cases.
- Other Vendors. For vendors of other services, e.g. new software to manage classes, or to improve LBS’s PR reach, please contact the relevant department at www.london.edu. At LBS my focus is research and teaching; I’m not involved in purchasing decisions.