I’m currently serving as the Mercers’ School Memorial Professor of Business at Gresham College (part-time, running alongside my LBS post). Gresham’s mission is to provide free lectures to the public, similar to how Michael Faraday gave free lectures on science.
For 2018-9, I will be giving six lectures on How Business Can Better Serve Society. All take place at 6pm at the Museum of London. No ticket or registration necessary; it’s first-come, first-serve. The lectures are also livestreamed and you can find the link by clicking on the appropriate lecture here. After each lecture, the video and transcript are made available. (The transcript is not a word-for-word transcript but summarises the main takeaways in a concise manner).
- Purposeful Business: The Evidence and the Implementation – Wednesday 3 October 2018 (video, transcript)
- Executive Pay: What’s Right, What’s Wrong and What Could Be Fixed? – Wednesday 12 December 2018
- Reforming Corporate Governance – Wednesday 23 January 2019
- The Stewardship Role of Investors – Wednesday 6 March 2019
- Does Finance Benefit Society? – Wednesday 24 April 2019
- Do Mergers and Acquisitions Create or Destroy Value? – Wednesday 5 June 2019